Metaphors be with you...

Corny, yes... But... English prof, yanno? By day, I am an adjunct professor and I teach English Composition, Technical Writing, British Literature, and more.  I have taught dual credit courses both embedded in the high schools as well as on college campuses. In my “spare” time,  I am a doctoral candidate.

I created this blog in order to fulfill a course requirement, but I am a wordy individudal, so I am on board with this. I look forward to seeing what the semester brings in terms of learning new methods of incorporating technology into the classroom. I have incorporated the “flipped” classroom approach  with my students which worked for some students, not so much for others. Learning innovative ways to engage my students is forefront in my endeavors as an instructor as well as a scholar.

-Serena Richards

Comments

  1. Serna,
    While the conventional communication tools such as the newspaper, radio, and television medium are still primary sources of information for the majority of the American public (Saad, 2005), there seems to be a considerable number of blogs in existence worldwide. Pew Research Center (2005) reports that 32 million American adult Internet users read blogs, and 11 million American adult Internet users have created blogs. What are your thoughts?
    Dr. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dr. G! This statistic isn’t really surprising. We seek to be connected with others, and blogs allow us that engagement. Blogs can be another medium of storytelling, creating bonds between individuals, communities, and societies both locally and internationally. Thanks to social media such as blogs, Twitter, and Facebook, we can share an infinite amount of information easily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts